Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Day 11: Exodus 36-40 and Leviticus 1-4

When too much becomes bad


Then Moses gave an order and they sent this word throughout the camp: “No man or woman is to make anything else as an offering for the sanctuary.” And so the people were restrained from bringing more.
-        Exodus 36:6
Before I had many close friends and before I was given a ministry inside the church, people barely see me there. In fact, I’d only be seen in the center if its either Sunday or Friday, or for mentoring.  I didn’t like the idea of becoming a “tambay ng church” because not only that I hate idle time, i also hate going there for no reason and wait for not very important people. But then these past few months, the church has already been my second home. In fact, there is no day that I don’t go there even if we don’t count the Morning Prayer.
In other words, I have given much much of my time for the church, until it became wrong. People see me there every day now even when there’s nothing really that I should be doing there, at first I thought, “not that it’s a bad thing, right?”. But now God has revealed to me otherwise. I have given the church too much to the point that my time given there wasn’t useful anymore.
Command: Clear your purpose of making the church your second home
Warning: Too much can make you even more unproductive, thus can lead to destruction


No comments:

Post a Comment