Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Day 17: Numbers 14-21

Rebellion


COMMAND:
Only do not rebel against the Lord. And do not be afraid of the people of the land, because we will swallow them up. Their protection is gone but the Lord is with us. Do not be afraid of them.
-          Numbers 14:9
I always wondered how much it was applicable in the vision of how rebellion works. Am I rebelling when I don’t ask for my leader’s permission for some of my actions even when I’m not doing anything wrong? Nevertheless, I admit that sometimes I am very clumsy about my opinion when people around me talk about negative things about my leader when I know they’re actually right. It is somehow clear in the Bible that when Moses went against the will of the Lord (Numbers 20:1-13), he was automatically denied of the promise land. Will I be denied as well of my “promise land” upon recognizing my leader’s abuse of authority?
Nevertheless, tonight I know my stand. I can never go against my leader when it comes to the vision and to the ministry that the Lord has given me. On the other hand, because Nanay Sophe is very close to my heart, I should keep on praying for her to be strengthened and be justly anointed as my leader and a leader of my church with a right heart.
Also, I have to keep in mind the distinction of people around me with God. Leaders are leaders. They are being used by God. When things get confusing, I also pray and consult the Word. All the time, that is.

PROMISE:
The Lord said to Moses,” Do not be afraid of him, for I have handed him over to you, with his whole army and his land….”
-          Numbers 21:34

WARNING:
“Aaron will be gathered to his people. He will not enter the land I give the Israelites, because both of you rebelled against my command at the waters of Meribah.

-          Numbers 20:24

No comments:

Post a Comment