Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Day 19: Numbers 30-36

Dream like a 10-year-old


If we have found favor in your eyes,” they said, “let this land be given to your servants as our possession. Do not make us cross the Jordan.
-          Numbers 32:5
When we were in elementary, we were asked “What do you want to be when you grow up”. My answer to that evolved over the years. First I wanted to be:
a teacher,
then a singer,
a dancer,
an astronaut,
a writer,
a theater artist,
a theater director,
a traveler,
a chef,
the President of the Philippines,
the Chief Justice,
the Mayor of Baguio,
a Senator,
the Commissioner for COA,
the Dean of SABM,
a college professor,
a CPA lawyer,
and to be a CPA.

Of course I don’t plan on achieving all that (LOL). But if you can notice, my dreams change over time. First I was too general until I began dreaming bigger and more specific until, I became more specific. But another observation was, as I was becoming more specific, my dreams were diminishing. I wonder, if I became a CPA, what would be my next dream?
See, in our journey in life to success, we tend to land in a green pasture and we suddenly decide to stay there and not anticipate on a greener one.
Being a child of the Lord guarantees us that we can reach our dreams. We need to understand that sometimes, God puts us in a test where we can be too comfortable, where we can say that it is already enough. Nevertheless, we need to dream bigger than our present situation because God designed us to be the head and not the tail. Certainly, there is more to us than what we are now. We can’t settle for something we know is temporary.

The only key is, to stay in God’s side always.

No comments:

Post a Comment