Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Day 20: Deuteronomy 1-8

“You have stayed long enough at this mountain. Break camp and advance into the hill country of the Amorites…”
-          Deuteronomy 1:6

It amazes me how much the Lord patiently gives us more and more opportunities to advance and grow spiritually. Truly the Lord has given us a fresh start from the beginning. He wanted to protect and bless us even in this world. But His grace doesn’t stop there. He wants each and every believer to advance and win this world over.

Level 1: The Mountain


                After the 40 years that the Israelites has been wondering around the desert and finally landing in the Mountain of Horeb, the Lord finally let them advance.
                Sometimes as Christians, we get to the point when we stay too long enough in one stage in our life that we became stagnant and thus we get bored of our life in Christ when in fact, living a life in Christ is more than exciting every day.
                This can be very complicated at times because the longer we stay in this mountain, the more we get comfortable, thus, driving then excitement and passion away. Thus, we get into level 2 J

Level 2: Break Camp


                Then we leave our comfort zone after the staggering boredom from that mountain. As a cell leader for more than 5 years now, I have stayed long enough in the mountain that now that I am handling more and more emerging leaders in my cell, I am feeling the challenge. My lifestyle in Christ is getting better because of the push of responsibility and the motivation of God’s victory.

Level 3: The Hill Country


                The stage of battle. Here’s the logic here. The Israelites took the chance to leave the mountain and thus leaving their comfort zone to advance with the knowledge that they will be fighting to conquest. Same as to this vision, I could have just stayed into becoming a church attender or just really a believer of Christ. But knowing God and loving Him more at the same time requires more to my title as a Christian. I need to be a disciple and a discipler. Thus, I need to enter into a battle not just for myself this time but for my cell, for my family, for my city and for my country.

Warning:


But the Lord said to me, “Tell them, ‘Do not go up and fight, because I will not be with you. You will be defeated by your enemies.’”.
-          Deuteronomy 1:42
In all our actions, God’s commands must prevail. We cannot move according to our own will and preferences because our own decisions can be very dangerous that can lead us towards our own fall.

Promise:


See, I have given you this land. Go in and take possession of the land that the Lord swore he would give to your fathers – to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob – and to their descendants after them.
-          Deuteronomy 1:8


No comments:

Post a Comment